Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Harley Davidson Afghan Update


Here's my progress so far.  I've gotten up to row 72 and I'm about 11 rows from the logo.  I will add the white yarn in then and use bobbins.

Here's a great tip I got from Janice:

"Chart Afghans are my favorite type of afghan to make. I have made several. One trick I have learned over the years is to thread your yarn from the bobbins in a straw before you start your stitch this keeps the bobbins from tangling. I never used a table to crochet/knit/Tunisian Afghans I always sit in my rocker so I am not sure what method is being used here. Also to keep the back as neat as possible I don’t carry the yarn I use different bobbins for each color and then weave the ends into the afghan. I keep track of the right side and wrong side to hang the bobbins on the wrong side never on the right side. An easy way to keep track is the odd rows are the wrong side and the even rows are the right side or vice versa which ever you prefer as I turn with each row I do not end and start over."

Once I've finished all the rows, I'm going to go back and add the red and yellow yarn by cross stitch.

If you are interested in making the Harley Davidson Afghan check out the original post here.

Happy Hooking!

You May Also Like:

Marine Corps Afghan Chart

John Deere Afghan Chart

Don't Tread on Me Afghan Chart


2 comments:

  1. This is looking awesome! You know years ago I made a crocheted clock wall hanging and I know how difficult a chart afghan can be. You are doing an excellent job. I can't wait to see it finished. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm kind of a novice at this. I've done some small things with 2 colors, but nothing on this scale or complexity.

      Delete